Thursday, May 20

Ages

Well it's been ages since we've posted. Mostly because the most interesting things of note are sea slugs in our lives. But after reading Brittney's blog I thought about how to re-arrange our house and so I moved a plant. Fairly anti-climatic but I think we really have the apartment the way we like and while I'd love to finish our living room dresser I don't have a safe place to work on stripping the paint off (like a garage) so it'll have to wait.

I am adjusting to my new job at EC and while I'm not sure if any of the work I'm doing has any real consequence I am satisfied that I do have work to do. I'm not totally in love with all the filing that I do (since people are now saving their filing from me instead of me just picking up the slack). I'm supposed  to check on filing twice a week but I actually don't have that kind of time with the other projects that I'm working on.

Also I've joined corporate challenge at work...where work comes to play! And I'm on a horseshoes team. I think it will be pretty fun even though I'm sure I have little to no talent. Although I can't be sure since I've never played. But my hand eye co-ordination is shaky at the best of times.

Also David and I are going to Sonic boom, a festival put on for a day in September. The day after our 1 year anniversary in fact. Mostly we're going because we want to see Weezer but I think some of the other artists will be interesting. Minus Rise Against. We are actually doing really well at going to one concert a month with the next one being Wolf Parade in June but we're also doing Folk Fest in August and then Sonic boom in September. Hopefully our pocketbooks will enjoy the festivals as much as we will.

Also I'm reading a book for book club that I don't really like because the main character seems infallible, but I've got a ways to go and usually I don't like the characters at the beginning only to like them later on. I've also already chosen my book when it's my turn, called Hey Nostradamus because I'm all about the Canadian content. I hope I get to host soon because I want people to come over to my house!

As illustrated by this post nothing truly interesting is occurring and I'm about to make some lemon muffins from my favie food blog (Not So Humble Pie) so I won't rant on the first topic that comes to mind.

xoxo

1 comment:

Bi-Ped said...

Best line I've ever read in a blog:

"...I thought about how to re-arrange our house and so I moved a plant."

I actually laughed out loud.