I've also been sick about every other week since the beginning of September. For a baby that doesn't crawl, she still manages to pick up so many diseases and pass them to me (I blame her since I've never gotten sick this many times before in my life). We were all set to get our flu shots on October 24, but since I was sick I'm waiting until I'm better. However, I'm not sure when that will happen. Fortunately, the Bean gets sick much less frequently and has only had 1.5 colds. That is very much a blessing because they haven't been that bad either. David is a wonder Dad and so willingly watches the Bean on the weekends and lets me catch up on sleep so that I can hopefully repair. He used to get sick all the time and he's still batting 100%. (Honestly, I could not do this without David and how awesomely wonderful he is). I'm just hoping everything can be in order for when we leave on our cruise in 2 weeks.
Lastly, for Halloween the Bean was a witch. She had a little outfit I bought and I made her a little hat. It was David's idea and I'm really glad he got to choose her costume. We had 3 Halloween parties this week with all her baby friends (which is probably another reason I'm ill). It was great to take her out and see their adorable costumes. Obviously she didn't know it was a day any different than usual (and that she had to wear a little hat), but it was fun for me. I actually think she's gotten used to going out and doing so much - today we were mostly at home and she seemed so restless. I did feel a bit bad that she took at least one nap each day in her carseat, but when she's only awake for 2.25 hours at a time, it makes scheduling a bit tight.
At one of the baby parties (with a fantastic group of new moms), one mom had made a pumpkin with leg holes, like she had seen on pintrest. We all put our babies in it and the result was adorable! Ellie didn't really like the cold of the pumpkin on her arms, but she was a pretty good champ. Also her head is a bit larger than the other babies so the hat is a bit tiny.
Last night we took the Bean to 2 houses to say hi to our near neighbours. We only got 2 sets of trick-or-treaters so we didn't miss much at our house (so much candy for me to eat). Sadly we found out one of our neighbours is getting divorced and selling their house. But it was totally worth it that Ellie didn't miss her first Halloween.




No comments:
Post a Comment