So we've announced to the world and I'm going to post all my previous blog posts.
I've also not really written much lately. I guess the Bean just keeps growing and nothing is really new, other than I can't suck my tummy in anymore, which is very weird.
On August 28, I got to hear Bean's heartbeat for the first time. It was really cool to hear how fast it is and know that there is a real live human inside me. It still doesn't exactly feel real, and I'm not sure when it will feel real. I thought hearing the heartbeat would be a lot more emotional than it was. Which was probably a good thing. David and the Doctor might have been a bit weirded out. (Sidenote: I have found that generally the pregnancy has levelled out my emotions, with a few hiccups of course, which is nice. At least I haven't cried into my dinner in a while). I also got to record the heartbeat on my phone so I can listen whenever I like and e-mail it to anyone.
I'm still feeling pretty good. Though I've become a super sniffer and everything gross makes me want to gag and also puke. And I've puked a few more times now (7 so far). Mostly I get nausea in the morning and around dinner time. It's helped me not overeat, which I suppose is good. So far I've gained 4 pounds which is more than I'm supposed to at this point (I think) but nothing I'm going to get too crazy about.
Also I'm pretty sure it's a girl, but we'll find out on October 8. I'm still deciding if we are going to do a gender reveal something. Part of me wants to, part of me doesn't want the hassle.
Right now I am at the busiest part of my job - Campus Recruitment, so that is keeping me from doing a lot of baby things. Really all I feel obligated to do is be healthy enough for the baby, but I'm pretty sure she'd also like a bed and a carrier as well. Maybe some clothes and diapers so I should get around to that. But I know how to do my job and it's easier to focus my attention there. Less scary too.
Anyways, mostly I think me and Baby Bean are doing ok and we'll figure out this parenting thing soon enough. I keep telling myself that people dumber than me do this all the time (no offence, but Jenny McCarthy - seriously?!?).
Re-reading this I kind of sound like a mess. I assure you I'm not. I'm just not as worried as I thought I would be. And I'm more worried about that, than the actual baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment