The main purpose of the ultrasound was to make sure that the baby is healthy and that everything is progressing as it should. That's why Alberta health care covers it. However, it's also a good time to get a look at the business and find out boy or girl.
Now previously, I didn't want to know gender. A healthy bean was enough. And I thought it would be fun to find out on the big day. But David disagreed and once I got pregnant, I could totally see his point which was that day of will be exciting enough that we don't need one more surprise. Plus it turns out that I suck at gender neutral. Basically everything that I want to knit is for girls. So we decided that at the ultrasound we'd find out gender too.
Well as could be hoped, the baby appeared to have all the requisite limbs and features. We got to see adorable tiny feet and the heart and the brain. But conveniently the bean had positioned the umbilical cord right where the business is (and yes I am assigning intentions to my not even born baby, because it's just the sort of stubborn my child would be). So while we able to confirm all the important stuff, we couldn't find out gender.
We've decided to pay the money to go to a private ultrasound (since Alberta health care has confirmed the health, there may not be another reason for an ultrasound). So we'll be doing one of those freaky but awesome 3D ultrasounds where you get to see squished baby faces. I'm just excited to see the feet again (so little!!). They have an October special at one clinic so it won't be as expensive as we thought too.
See you in 21 (ish) weeks, baby Bean.

No comments:
Post a Comment