Saturday, November 30

Hopefully we have bought a house

Well I think we have finally bought a house! I say I think because we still need to have the inspector look at it, but we've offer a price, they've accepted. We have the money (provided the bank will still help us out) and they are looking to have our money. So it seems like we're certainly on the right track.

We first saw this house last Saturday and we weren't particularly wooed. We liked it because it is so well cared for, but the closets were small and our relator kept pointing out how busy the streets nearby are. David was also very tired of looking at house and we'd just gotten the run-around on another offer so we were feeling a bit jaded. But I didn't think it was that bad, and I realized that if we had seen this house at the beginning of our search, we probably wouldn't still be looking. It had everything that we need-needed (3 bedrooms, a garage). Yes it didn't have a walk in closet or an ensuite, but those are really really nice to have, but not deal breakers.

The whole reason we didn't see this house initially in our search was because it was originally out of our price-range, but after that Saturday, the sellers dropped their price quite a bit and suddenly it was a contender. Our relator was away on holiday, but luckily she had a backup who is very familiar with the area. She laid it out that we weren't going to find this nice of a house in our search area for this price in the next 2 months. And since baby come in 3, it was a really good opportunity. So on Thursday, after really looking at it it, we jumped on it! It was terrifying and also so very exciting. In a 2 hour window we had: looked at the house, decided to offer, confirmed there were no other offers pending, verbally offered, offered on paper and got an acceptance. It was so fast but also such a relief.

So provided everything over the next 5 days goes well, we will be home owners as of January 3. I've already put together a Pinboard of ideas for the baby room and I'll start thinking about the rest of the house soon too! It will also be nice to not have to move for a while (we really really hope!!!).

So this is what it looks like (the pictures are rather generous since they were taken by someone with skill. The house was built in 1955 so it's smaller than these pictures make you think, but it is as well cared for as it looks).
This is the front (in the fall before the snow covered everything)

Front living room (south facing) with original hardwood

Kitchen (thankfully upgraded)

Master bedroom (yes it is small)

This will be the baby room
*I'm not posting the other room because it looks the same, but has pink walls, it will be a den/closet

Basement family room


One of the two yards (this is on the west side and has the grass and a garden). The other side is just a really big deck and has the garage

I can't wait for this week to be over and then to be able to just focus on packing and moving onto the next thing.

It does mean that I'm not unpacking the Christmas decorations though. But it's ok, because next year we're having a full tree and everything!

No comments: