So I have started my first day of holidays today and it actually feels pretty nice not to be at work. Especially because there is so much more to do before we move. Yes, we're 99% sure that the house will go through and that we will be home owners by January 3, 2014!! (and yes it is the house we posted about before).
Things I'm excited about in the new house:
1) Space
2) Baby room
3) Owning and upgrading something we have
4) Some permanency (or not having to move for a while)
5) Really getting mail because we have a for real permanent address (I have already planned which magazine subscriptions I want for my birthday!)
Things I'm not so excited for:
1) Way more square footage to clean
2) Upgrading and paying for it
3) Shovelling our own walks
4) The hidden surprising of things breaking and having to fix it yourself
5) I (we) have no idea what we're doing
So now is the time to get ready for the move. Because the new renters are moving in the same day that we move out, I want to have everything cleaned before they get here (and also packed obviously). So each day this week I have 1-2 house cleaning chores. Sadly I thought of 4 more to do after I finished 1 on my list so this might be a very long week. However, it means that even though I'm off work I still have structure and projects and other things to keep me from just watching 1000 episodes of Top Gear.
Also moving/cleaning while pregnant is an experience all itself. Bending isn't as easy as before and my pants do not stay up! Plus I don't have all that much stamina. It makes me very glad that this apartment isn't bigger so that I only had 4 window and 2 doors to clean and only 1000 sq ft's worth of baseboards to wipe. But also I still feel very accomplished after cleaning something and it looks tidy. Since there haven't been a lot of nesting activities that I could do - this is almost a substitute. The biggest impediment is also that I have to be careful of lifting - nothing over 20lbs. I'm notorious for over-exerting myself and now there is more on the line than just being super tired for the rest of the day. So for now I pack boxes and just leave them where they are for David to move when he gets home. It means I have to be much more strategic in where I put a box before I fill it.
Also at 28 weeks the baby bean is the size of a Chihuahua. It's weird to think that she's that big. Big enough to be something! I feel like she's actually a person though because she is now reacting to things - like when I roll, I can feel her tumble over. I wonder what (or if) she thinks about that. She also is fairly routine in her wiggles so it's nice to be able to mark time by that and hopefully she keeps it up on the other side. I'm still nervous about doing so many things I've never done before, but I'm also so excited to see what those things are and to learn and be challenged and motivated in a way that work never could.
No comments:
Post a Comment