Monday, January 20

33 Weeks and 1 day - 49 days to go

Lack of posts have been 100% due to the fact that we still haven't set up our computer. Between David's laptop and my iPhone, I've not really felt a crazy need for it. Plus I can compute at work as much as I really need. However, neither iPhone nor computer at work are great for blogging. So while David relaxes with Batman, I get to blog.

So much has happened but I guess there are two main things 1) We've moved into our house and are really getting settled in. The main floor almost looks normal - well we haven't decorated but we've put most things away. In the basement we finally got this ridiculous fish tank demolished (thanks in large part to our realtor who came over to help David take it apart), so we can start moving our furniture into place. The tank was supposed to go with the past owners, but they're jerks and left a bunch of crap. We've tried to give them the benefit of a doubt, but the more we settle the more we uncover. They cut corners in renos, covered up things, didn't take care of things as well as they should have etc etc. However, we still love love our house and in no way regret buying it. It's the perfect house for where we are at - problems aren't too big and can be fixed; lots of learning opportunities with minimal risk; truly a starter home that we can afford now and launch from in the future. It's so fun to come home and think,"This is my house! I live here! We bought it!". It's pretty fun. It's not perfect, but it is perfect for us for right now. I really can wait until it is more put together and we can have people over

2) The Bean is getting bigger and bigger. I only have 7 weeks to go and only 5 weeks left at work. I can't believe how quickly the pregnancy has zoomed by. At the same time it feels like I've been pregnant forever. I cannot wait until I can sit close to a keyboard, hug my husband really close and bend over! It will be grand. But for now I really want the Bean to stay inside and keep growing. At my maternity photos people kept saying that my belly is small for 33 weeks, but I think it's just because my long torso gives her so much room. Certainly she's taking up as much room as she can - my stomach, liver, kidneys and intestines can testify to that. I love that her kicks/punches change as she grows. Not so impactful, but a lot stronger - and I can see them on the outside (which is really weird).
We are getting the Bean's room ready and I love that we are making a little nest for her. The room will be yellow with a couple of orange zig-zags on one wall. It will be pretty vibrant, but I want it to feel like a sunny place for her where she feels happy. Plus then there won't be much else in terms of decorating. Just putting in the furniture and hanging 1 or 2 things. This week we are filling holes (thanks again, sellers) of which there are many many many - our walls look like swiss cheese and then on Saturday we're going to start painting. So exciting. I've been taking pictures as we go so I can document the whole process at the end. Once the room is done, I'll feel ready for little Bean to arrive. It will feel like everything is in it's place.

Even though my life seems to be eat - work - unpack/clean/reno - grow a Bean - sleep (poorly), every single day, I feel pretty content about it. It's also keeping me busy enough that I can't worry about the future or if I'll actually like being on mat leave or if I'll actually have a job to go back to, or if David will find his dream job. Lots of ifs that I can leave for tomorrow.

Also:
For the record.

- The moment this pregnancy became way more real (feeling the baby on the outside): 3pm on January 7, 2014
- The first food we actually made in our new house (ordering pizza and cereal not counting): Quinoa salad

Edit: we also did maternity photos, here's the first two:









No comments: