Tuesday, December 30

Bean's First Christmas


Christmas this year was probably the first time in 15 years where I haven’t had to travel somewhere to be with family. It was awesome. It was also great for the Bean as she is pretty particular about her schedule, so it meant that we weren’t out of our own beds too many nights.

Of course we had to scare her with Santa. 

We went and looked at Christmas lights
There were lots of lovely baby festivities, including two gift exchanges with her baby friends. She loves playing with other babies, and the gifts were really great too.

Prior to Christmas we hadn’t really purchased many toys that made noise or had moving parts. But at Christmas she was spoiled! Now we have lots of noisy toys that we know how to power off.

As we were at my parents house we got to do Christmas traditions, like Christmas PJs. My dad also read the Christmas story and other Christmas related stories and we sang carols. It was actually really nice. My whole family was together for the first time since my brother returned from his mission in the Spring, which was so lovely. We’re a bunch of weirdoes but we have fun together.

I was also able to see many of my own friends too which made it extra lovely.

Biggest surprise was that David got me an iPad Mini! I had no idea at all and was super floored!

Overall, a perfect first Christmas with the Bean and a lovely, low-key time with family. The Bean is now super off her schedule and making sure that we know about it, but I wouldn’t trade this family time.

Note: I mostly don't have that much exciting to update, but I really wanted to get the pictures together with a narrative, so I apologize to posterity for this being a bit brief.

Christmas photoshoot at a friend's house

Swimming on Boxing Day (she actually liked it)



No comments: