Even though this baby is number two, I am trying my darndest to not let him/her miss out on the important memory making parts. Like writing about when we first found out. Frankly, the last one wasn't all that surprising and this was even less so.
In July, David and I decide that we were ready to start trying to expand our family. Originally we were thinking about trying in the Fall but I had been praying about it and I really felt that there was no need/reason/right reason to wait. So July 9 I felt the ovulation and A+B, the next morning I felt different. Now I realized that I couldn't test right away but I was pretty sure it was a hole in one. So I waited 5 days. In hindsight I realize that the tests say 5 days before your period, not 5 days after you think you got pregnant, but I did a test anyways. Faint line!
Then I waited the appropriate amount of time and line for sure!! I showed David, we were impressed! For Ellie it took us a year so we were surprised/relieved/feeling verile?
This pregnancy has been so so much harder than with Ellie and different emotionally as well. With Ellie we were so desperate and had no idea what we were in for. With this little one, we know more of what it will be like to be parents and we're happily surprised that he/she will be showing up in April.
Also I am so much sicker this time. I'm exhausted to the point that I have gone to bed before 9:30 for the last week and a half. I've already puked and gagged my way through work and finally picked up some dicletin, which makes me even more tired, if that was even possible.
Ellie is incredibly distracting too, so I can't just sit and think about the baby and plan for the future. With my first pregnancy I couldn't recall a single moment when I forgot that I was pregnant. With this pregnancy I forget all the time (when I'm not sleeping or gagging). So in some ways this baby is almost destined to share the limelight.
In July, David and I decide that we were ready to start trying to expand our family. Originally we were thinking about trying in the Fall but I had been praying about it and I really felt that there was no need/reason/right reason to wait. So July 9 I felt the ovulation and A+B, the next morning I felt different. Now I realized that I couldn't test right away but I was pretty sure it was a hole in one. So I waited 5 days. In hindsight I realize that the tests say 5 days before your period, not 5 days after you think you got pregnant, but I did a test anyways. Faint line!
Then I waited the appropriate amount of time and line for sure!! I showed David, we were impressed! For Ellie it took us a year so we were surprised/relieved/feeling verile?
This pregnancy has been so so much harder than with Ellie and different emotionally as well. With Ellie we were so desperate and had no idea what we were in for. With this little one, we know more of what it will be like to be parents and we're happily surprised that he/she will be showing up in April.
Also I am so much sicker this time. I'm exhausted to the point that I have gone to bed before 9:30 for the last week and a half. I've already puked and gagged my way through work and finally picked up some dicletin, which makes me even more tired, if that was even possible.
Ellie is incredibly distracting too, so I can't just sit and think about the baby and plan for the future. With my first pregnancy I couldn't recall a single moment when I forgot that I was pregnant. With this pregnancy I forget all the time (when I'm not sleeping or gagging). So in some ways this baby is almost destined to share the limelight.
Either way, we are excited to be expanding our family and seeing if this very different pregnancy brings a very different baby.



No comments:
Post a Comment