Friday, May 1

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the Bean!

June 2015

Ok, so the Bean has been one for a while now, but I just haven't got around to blogging about this milestone. That's because one came with some big changes here, namely going back to work. Which means, that my day has become much more structured and with much less time for blogging (some of my own fault). But here I am, trying to catch up and log these memories.

The Bean was 1 on March 13, 2015 (she's almost 14 months old now!)


Here she is in the birthday tutu I made for her and her party shirt! In these pictures, for whatever reason, she really looks like me as a baby

Here she is:
 

And her I am:



For her party we had an open house style event and so many friends and family members were able to pop in. Actually people kind of cycled through in shifts so it meant there were lots of people for a long time. It was fun for me, but probably a bit tiring for the Bean. It was pink theme (as is her life) and I think the decorations turned out really well. It was my first attempt at tissue paper pom poms and I think they turned out. But I really loved the game we played.

Since parties at this age are mostly for adults, I printed 13 pictures of her, one for each month, and then had people try to put them in order. Unfortunately no one was 100% but my one friend, Courtney, only had two mixed up with each other (not even the Bean's own father was that close). And at the end I had 12 pictures already printed to put up in my office.

She got lots of fun toys and loves and tried her first second cupcake (liked the icing, the cake, not so much). It was a really great day.

Then a week later, we had special baby party for just the babies from our mom's group (we've been meeting every Tuesday for almost a year). And we did a gift exchange and the dad's came, and it was again more fun. Ellie ended up with a drum that she LOVES, it's a bit big for her to carry around, but she still tries, and loves to hit it with different things and see what kind of sound it makes.


No comments: