Saturday, February 20

Reading Week

Well Reading week has not been nearly as relaxful (as in full of relaxing) as I had hoped. Due to the fact that I have an exam and an assignment due next week and a presentation the week after I had my work cut out for me. Sadly this means that I didn't sleep in a whole lot and I still worked every day but Monday. I even took an extra 1.5 hours on Wednesday for work. But I'll summarize the rest in point form so as to keep my readers somewhat interested....also I'm really bad at point form. Usually it just means that it is more rambly and starts with a "-".

-I have gone to yoga 2 times, Thursday and Friday and I forgot how much I missed going as I haven't really been since December. But I have 2 teachers that I quite like who have very different styles so I have my work cut out for me. Unfortunately I've realized that a lot of my gym activity has made yoga harder rather than easier because my shoulders have tightened up a lot. So I am determined to fit yoga back in my life. Which means probably a little less time in the gym. But I feel soo much better after yoga than I do at the gym. It's much more holistic and much less "beat yourself!"

-I have made such good food this last week. I made a ham and a pork tenderloin and then ham fried rice and a pork stirfry. Its because I have a book called cook once eat twice. It's pretty rad! And then yesterday we had the most delicious nachos with mangoes and avocados and emmental cheese  (and the regular nacho fixings). This week has certainly not been one of bad food.

-It's only one week until my birfday party and 8 days until my birthday. I'm excited because birthdays make me feel loved!

-Studying is the worst but powerpoints are the best. I have made two presentations over the week. Way more fun than papers and notes. Probably a good thing I am in business.

-I got two pieces of mail and it was great because they were actually letters to me. I felt shiny.

-I have started making birthday cards for people and it's really fun because I have calligraphy pens. Well they're davids. He got them as a terribly misguided birthday gift for one of his birthdays after his 14th. Sad. But I'm benefiting because even though it's not exactly the gift I would have picked for myself, they sure are fun.  They make my writing much prettier. Plus he has some glitter glue which I use liberally.

-The card making has made up for (in part) for the lack of sewing that I have been able to do. Sure I'm now known to a few people for my ability to repair jeans but that's not my most favourite element. And most of these fellows probably wouldn't appreciate it none too much if I took some creative liberties with the repairs. However, I like the challenge of repairs too. Mostly I want to make a dress, but I also want to do it all at once so I need days off without homework or school.

-The summer job search is a disaster, but surprisingly I'm not too worried at this point. Talk to me in 2 months and I'll certainly be singing a different tune.

I have decided that I should probably never mention work directly in my blog again either due to the fact that a) blogs are public b) I typically have complaints about work. However, I'd be willing to tell you any WD tale face to face. But I'll be sad when my term is up.

Anyone who wants to come to yoga with me let me know. I want to go lots!! Any night but Wednesday when I have to sell my soul to scouting.

No comments: