Thursday, February 4

Wedding Song

David and I have the best wedding song. It's Hawsley Workmans's Safe and Sound

1) It perfectly describes us. Which is, like, the most basic requirement for a wedding song. So some couples try and get it close or somewhat relevant in that it's about a boy and a girl but Safe and Sound actually describes moments that we have had together

2) The first time we listened to it, we were not in a relationship. So the song has predictive powers. That's what is particularly awesome about it; it describes us perfectly in any situation.

3) When I knew that David was the "one" I knew that this song was also the "one". Both of those thoughts are synonymous which is rad.

4) It’s by Hawsley Workman. He is a lyrical genius and even though it was off his very first album, well none of his other songs have struck such a chord with me (heh heh, chord *pun*). This may be because of points 1-3. But I stand by the fact that our song being by Hawksley puts it at least in the top 10 of all wedding songs

5) I cry every time I hear it because it makes me so happy

6) It’s easy to sing along to

7) It’s not so ridiculously long that the audience is completely bored out of their skulls watching you dance to it, only moderately bored (because honestly, that couple’s first dance is easily the most boring part of the wedding…unless you have a relation giving a toast that will never end)

8) Every time this song is played kittens get fuzzier. True story.

In short, I have a rather uneventful life which would justify a more better post and Safe and Sound played while I was walking into work and I was able to sing the chorus in the elevator as loud as I wanted (because I’m pretty sure no one can hear and so far no one has told me otherwise).


And instead of a kitty I leave you with:

Listen for yourselves!

No comments: