Well I am going to review a few things that have gone on as of late.
1) Colds: These particular conditions are bad. A Cold is always bad. In fact I can't even think of one redeeming quality of a cold. My nose drips, I drink so much tea that I'm always going to the bathroom and then I wash my hands so much that they're all chapped. Suck-fest should be another name for the cold
VERDICT: Not recommended
2) Ginger-Carrot Soup: This is a fantastic soup that is in my cookbook called "Wonderfoods" and has all sorts of delicious recipes for healthy times. The soup requires you to boil 6 grated carrots, 2 chopped celery stalk, 1 chopped onion, 2.5 cm of fresh ginger (grated), salt, pepper and 1 litre of veggie/chicken stock. Then after it boils for 40 mins you whizz it in the blender. It has the consistency of baby food but add a scoop of plain yogurt and you've got pure delight. This is my most favourite soup!
VERDICT: Strongly recommended
3) SMO: Strategic Management and Organizational Behaviour to the lay-man is really quite an easy time, and it is a great degree choice for anyone who likes learning about people. I sure do. I think maybe it only feels easy because I have yet to be evaluated on any of my knowledge but it seems even more common sense than psychology. Also all my classes have converged on the subject of diversity this week so it makes it easy to follow along. One downside of SMO is that there is still a lot of readings and group work. Also my midterms are only 1.5 weeks away. EEK.
VERDICT: Moderately recommended
4) Hawksley's new album "Meat": Pretty great. I wouldn't go with awesome all the way because there are a few songs that I'm not completely in love with mostly because of their bizarre-factor (like the one about Baby Mosquito). But it's very raw sounding and demonstrates the more aggressive tendency of Mr. Workman. I think it will be very interesting to listen to the companion album "Milk" when it comes out. Actually, the album is perfectly named--Meat. There are parts that you just want to savour for as long as possible ( Tokyo Bicycle comes to mind) and there are other parts that you just try to get through because otherwise you mother will tell you that you've got a sassy plate and there will be no dessert for a lady who has such a sassy plate (And the Government will protect the Mighty). Overall, a very Hawksley-ish album with many of his traits like intense vocals, hooks, and some suggestive lyrics. Anyone who likes Hawksley should at least take a listen. I bought it on iTunes for whatever it's worth.
VERDICT: Warmly Recommended
5) Husbands: They are awesome. They will even take care of Scouting duties when you are plagued with "a cold" (that he gave you but that's besides the point). Mostly they can be bratty but their dreamboat ways always make up for it. Additionally, they are helpful for staying warm, long term commitment and double income.
VERDICT: Highly recommended.
6) Cats!
VERDICT: Always recommended
1 comment:
While I will not take you up on your feline recommendation, I may take you up on some Hawksley Workmen...
Post a Comment