Thursday, January 21

Two thoughts

1) Whoever wears perfume to the gym is a jerk, particularly near the cardio equipment. I there on the crosstrainer, gasping for air (as usual on all cardio equipment) when suddenly it is not air anymore! It is part air but is also part alcohol and some other crap. These additional substances are not helping me breathe to keep going and working out while holding your breath is a recipe for disaster. I'm sure the lady beside me was trying to be courteous in making sure she didn't stink up the gym, but the gym's a pretty stinky place so no harm, no foul. She took perfume wearing to the next level asthe air quality significantly decreased with her presence. A little common sense can go a long way.

2) Also gym related. I go to shower two days ago and when I walk into the shower someone has left behind a wonderful body wash. And I want it. So I use some and then I decide to take it to my locker. Am I a bad person? I have been stewing a couple of days (and still using it) about whether the person who left it behind is pining for it, or glad someone took it off her hands. I noticed yesterday that there was a different body wash in the hall of the showers and it had been there a while, so maybe people are ditching body washes the don't really care for. And maybe I'm a bit lame for being so caught up about it. But is "finders keepers" the appropriate response here? Mostly I don't really want to return it to someone who doesn't want it because I'd much rather have it, but I don't want someone walking around unnecessarily without body wash.

Also being a scout leader is killing me!

2 comments:

Erin E Brown said...

I also hate perfume wearers! I'm too shy to say anything, but I try and do a not-too-subtle cough and lean away. But perhaps that's sending the wrong message? For example:
Me: *COUGH* Lean away
Perfumed Person: I must REALLY stink, I better go apply some more Obsession.

David and Vanessa said...

It's like telling someone that they're trying too hard--not easy news to deliver.

Strong perfume always happens to me on the bus. Because it is so bad I actually look at them and then tuck my nose into my scarf (like the way people do if there is a gas passer present) but you're right, this might just encourage them to over-apply. Double edged sword.