Again in knowledge common. At least this keyboard is marginally better because it is in a less high traffic area, but after typing on a laptop its like moving from a keyboard to a grand piano.
This morning I had a job interview with Environment Canada and I think went really well. However, I'm still trying to decide if it is the best fit for my career progression. Right now I work with the federal government and I really like it but I'm not working at all in HR. At least with Environment Canada I would be in HR and I think the experience there would at least be somewhat valuable. Also I love many elements of the federal public service, like expectations for work-life balance, french speaking opportunities and a team atmosphere. However, I'm not entirely sure where I'd like to work one day and I think that it could be to my advantage to have a wider variety of work experience. So I think it would be hard to leave WD knowing that I'm just moving to another federal gig but at least at EC I have a guarantee of HR work whereas at WD I only have the suggestion of it. Also EC is calling about the interviews on Monday which is nearly a week before the next job posting is up. So I would have to make a decision without knowing whether a private sector opportunity is available. Although I haven't been offered the job so I guess I really shouldn't worry to much. But the interview did go really well.
Yesterday was temple Tuesday and there were friends and a 'church celebrity' there, which made it pretty fun. Even though David hates getting home at 9:30 I really like the chance to go.
Also of note, that due to the increasing level of personal slackerness, a decrease in motivation and a increase in workload I have not been making very good food for david and I. It doesn't help that he's usually not home in time for dinner but it also means that I don't have good leftovers for next day lunches. But I've turned over a new leaf this week and even though this means that my meals will not be a luxurious as they were before (because luxurious to eat by yourself is kind of sad and lonely) at least they will be balanced. Yesterday was fish and today will be burritos. I must remember to pick up some veggies for them. It's 2 weeks until 15% off tuesday which means that our groceries are really stretched. I was raised by cheap parents and I'm sticking to my guns.Or at least trying to save in some places so I can spend in others.
Also I have successfully procrastinated 2 large assignments. One is due next week and is a job interview. Luckily I had one today and actually they asked many of the questions I was already thinking of including. I guess this means I'm on the right track. The other is part of a group project and while the brainstorming section has been taken care of I still have to actually put it into text.
I read some other blogs and they have actual events to report. Sadly this is not my case. Actually I was just reflecting and I realized that I would probably have more events to report if I actually spent time with other people. Unfortunately I get to school at 9am work out until 11 then nap/study then go to class (where I do actually communicate with humans) have more breaks and then more class. Evenings are either filled with watching shows, scouts, groceries, night class, yoga or homework. I think I am becoming a hermit.What doesn't particularly help is that one of my regular friends is out of town almost every weekend and weekends when other suggest activities I've been sick or busy. Uck I should really improve my social life (especially if I am going to keep up my new years resolutions--although I'm not flossing regularly either).
Anyways enough james joyce-esque stream of conscious, I'm going to be late for class.
1 comment:
Yay! I got a shout-out!... kinda.
Also: feeling like a hermit for your first year of marriage is totally normal. I'm still a hermit, but I'm way less a hermit than I used to be! Sounds like you're keeping busy though and that is step #1. :-)
Post a Comment