I have started the job search for my upcoming unemployment this January and I have come to the conclusion that, almost 2 degrees later; I have no idea what kind of work I want to do. I only know what I don’t want to do, which is actually not that helpful. Sure I have Psychology and Business knowledge but what does that mean for a job? I honestly have no idea. I thought that HR would be a good career but I’m noticing that 90% of the positions available are in recruiting firms and that’s not exactly where I want to go. I want to be part of a total organization. Also I think I’ve seen what I’d like to see with the feds and maybe would like to try private sector for a while.
So it’s completely up in the air. I have no idea which means that there are too many options and now I’m confused. It’s not like I’m sealing my fate as it will only be my first job, but I want to like it and I want to be good at it. It was so much easier just deciding to go back to school.
2 comments:
It is nice to have too many options though... even though 90% of those options are not in your ideal scope.
Also: private sector, gross.
I know private sector is sometimes ugly, but I would really like to feel like I had real control over my career progression based on my abilities. Sometimes I feel like once I'm classified in the Public Sector I'm doomed to a lifetime of that role. I know it's not always that hopeless but somedays it feels like that.
But I'm not going to bite the hand that feeds.
Post a Comment