Sunday, September 16

Dichotomies

So the week in contrasts:

Lover/Fighter
This past week at work I did the Myers Briggs Test (which I really enjoy because of its extensive validity and reliability testing). And now I have quantifiable proof that I am a lover. One of the dichotomies is Thinking/Feeling and identifies how we make decisions. According to Wikipedia:

Those who prefer thinking tend to decide things from a more detached standpoint, measuring the decision by what seems reasonable, logical, causal, consistent, and matching a given set of rules. Those who prefer feeling tend to come to decisions by associating or empathizing with the situation, looking at it 'from the inside' and weighing the situation to achieve, on balance, the greatest harmony, consensus and fit, considering the needs of the people involved. 

Basically I am a sucker for emotions and really just want everyone to get along. What I really liked about the course is that one end of the spectrum is not better than the other but really just how we approach the world. And really the Myers Briggs just provides language for talking about what we possibly already know (or could know about ourselves).

Oh and if you're interested I am an ESFJ.

And the course was taught really well and I really enjoyed the facilitator's approach to the material. The test isn't meant to be a surprise or a horoscope but each point on the spectrum should be analyzed to see how well it fits or how accurate it is. Since it really is just a preference for each you don't just take your test results as the final say but use it as a guiding point in assessing your own preferences.


Party/Home time

So Saturday I went out to see a friend's band play and it was so super fun. It was great to see them do their thing and then hang out with them after. Seriously, great. And the night was finished off with delicious focaccia bread pizza.

But then today, being Sunday, I spent the day at home with David (and I guess church). It was nice to hang out and nap and hang some pictures and watch shows with David. We chatted and just relaxed. It was a nice follow-up to Saturday.

While I really like going out and doing stuff and seeing people and doing things, it's nice to spend some time recovering and taking things easy (there was a great Songza playlist for it as well)


Overall the week has been excellently busy with work and studying and seeing so many friends (my favourite part). And next week will be more of the same.

Also it's fall here:

No comments: