Monday, July 22

Midwives, I want one

So I decided that I wanted a midwife to deliver my baby. This was really the first decision I've made about the whole thing since I hadn't thought about a lot of the details before I got here. I am soo committed to the midwife idea.

Except, there are only 14 midwives for all of Edmonton and only 6 of them will deliver at a hospital (where I definitely want to deliver regardless of the healing effects of a birth tub and such). So my first 2 picks are already booked and so I applied for every midwife in Edmonton. Hopefully someone wants to deliver my baby.

Also I feel like a horrible person for hoping for an opening because it would mean that a) the previous booking moved away, b) their pregnancy became complicated or c) worse.

I feel like I'm trying to get my baby into some sort of private school. One that 3 weeks ago, I didn't even know I wanted to be in.

But I guess if I find myself a really good GP, then it would be like having a midwife who is a doctor. And that might not be so bad. Doctors are just so dang busy and I want someone who actually cares and can put up with my neediness.

Also week 7! The fruit of the week is BLUEBERRY

No comments: