So I am writing these blog posts long before I will publish them because we're not announcing right away. But we are expecting.
This morning I felt like doing a test and I knew that tomorrow would likely be probably be a visit from Aunt Flo (or whatever) so I figured that I'd get the heartbreak done with today so that tomorrow it would be a bit better. Thanks to P-Tracker (lite) I've gotten pretty regular at things and after a year of trying I've got it down to 1 tear and a whimper before I get going with things.
So this morning. I had heard that mornings are better anyways for testing because things are more concentrated and so I did what the pregnancy test asked and before I could even put it down (and cover it for a more dramatic reveal) a second line started to show!! I started to smile and then covered it so that it could really develop. I was filled with excitement and joy and gratitude (and a tiny bit of worry). I said a prayer right away about how grateful I was and also to bless that this pink line will develop into everything it should.
At this point David is still sort of asleep and I carry about my morning, knowing that I know something that no one else does. A secret.
I can't keep secrets.
So David walks into the bathroom for our regular morning hug routine and his eyes are still closed. I asked him if he could try and open his eyes. He's confused but manages to open one. Right away I pull out the test and show him. More hugs, more excitement.
We're pumped.
I also realized that I don't know anything. Like not the first thing about being pregnant. Unlike getting married, I felt like getting my knowledge and hopes up too high would jinx things. So by the time I got to work I realized I need to get some knowledge. I researched apps (and downloaded the WebMD one) and reserved a boatload of books from the library. I also signed up for a weekly e-mail update about the changes within (or whatever is going on). Apparently next I am supposed to book an appointment with my doctor. Seems easy enough but this is probably the tenuous but easy stage.
It was super hard to focus at work, but I managed generally and when I came home David had a congratulations present for me! (If this is precedent, it's a good one). Flowers, a beautiful necklace and twizzlers.
So far, I don't really feel different. Yes it does seem like I can't seem to brush my teeth well enough - the taste of my mouth is weird. But no sign of morning sickness yet, a bit of nausea but mostly because of the excitement. And I've had a lot of cheese lately so the belly is a bit of mystery at present.
And we've decided we're only going to tell our parents for now. And then in 3 months, everyone else. It will be the longest 3 months ever!
I also don't think I'm very far along given that I've yet to officially miss a period (that comes tomorrow)
But this is what I've got brewing:
Cute isn't it?!
or this:


No comments:
Post a Comment