Tuesday, December 1

I love Christmas

Well it is now officially December and I want to decorate my house. While our house won't look like the White House on Christmas, I want it to at least look somewhat festive. Right now we have some beanie babies and some lights. But this is our first Christmas so I can hardly expect that we'd have some sort of major display. And I certainly don't want to be one of those houses that goes completely overboard. All about the happy medium I guess.

Also I debated about making our blog Christmas themed. I though maybe that belonged in the overboard category so I didn't. Also I promised David that I would keep the girlyness of the blog to a minimum.

I know I promised that David would blog (and likely would be more interesting) I am having some downtime at work so I figured the blog could take up some time.

At work we are having a 'funny' video to go along with our 'serious' good news video as a part of our year end planning meeting this month. The entire office will be dancing and lip syncing to "I gotta feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. That song is criminally catchy. However, I am actually pretty excited for how the video turns out. It should at least be funny if nothing else. Furthermore, I am helping choreograph our office's effort so I think it will be good. But we'll find out tomorrow if it's do-able. It is a really great way to be occupied, plus it uses up my creative juices. 

Also I have discovered a really sad moment is when you are exactly happy with where you are but still wanting what other people have; not to the covetous level but enough that I feel discontent with what I was content with just moments ago. Also I can't mitigate the problem--I'd have to move to Europe to get away from it and even then I'd find out and be discontent. I am trying to find a mature way to deal with this. It's hard

1 comment:

Lesli said...

Wow guys way to tell the other Lancasters that you have a blog! Hello I am a huge blogger! ha ha anyways glad to see you have one and we can keep up with your lives. Cant wait for Christmas!