Tuesday, April 20

I digress

I am currently listening to a piano version of exit music for a film. It's pretty great. That is one thing I really like about studying--I get to listen to my music way more than I usually do. Mostly only the quiet downtempo stuff but that's actually my most favourite kind of stuff--the kind that doesn't get painful to listen to after a couple of repeats.

Tomorrow is my last exam until September. Hooray! It is nice be done so early before I start working full time. I've decided that I'm just going to walk the earth between tomorrow and May 3. It will be awesome. And by walk the earth I mean explore the little shops around downtown that I always mean to go into but have never gotten a chance because I actually had things to do and places to be that didn't allow for wandering. I have a few on my list like 360 degrees which has done major renos since I was last there. Also I think I'll walk down 124st until things start getting boring. It will be awesome.

I also have a couple of home repair things. In particular I'm looking for a really cool clock for one of our walls. I like doing picture collages (in frames) on the walls and the next one involves a clock. Mostly because it's above my desk (prime real estate for clocks) and we have these really cool pictures we got for our wedding that are of street signs that have our names. I should also work on getting real pictures in the frames that I do have on the walls. Stock photos are good and everything but I think people would actually prefer pictures of people they have some form of emotional attachment with. Also now that we have our wedding pic dvd I could go full on crazy. But only as big as 5x8 because then the resolution decreases and we have to get our photographer to do the big ones. Basically I'll probably just end up at walmart printing things off. We need a big recycling bin too (pile of garbage in kitchen is not pretty no matter how environmental).

Also tonight is a new show that I'm particularly digging at this moment...GLEE! It has substantially increased the amount of singing I do in the house. Well maybe not so much in the amount but that I'm not singing songs I make up as I go and I'm now singing actually songs. But I have discovered I have 2 super powers, one awesome and one less so. The awesome power is that I make up some pretty catchy little songs about things I like and they MUST rhyme. I'm particular about that aspect. Mostly they are about things that are going on or people I like. Cally practically has a 30 disc set if I were ever to record them all...although I don't think most people would find the tunes particularly appealing as they are mostly about her soft fur. I wouldn't go so far as to call my cool power "lyrical genius" because the songs are only about 4-5 lines but sometimes I beatbox.

As for the uncool power, I can taste almost anything nasty on your breath if I'm kissing you. It doesn't matter if you've flossed or brushed. If the foul tasting food item has touched your palate in the last 10 hours I'll pick up on it. My specialty is pickles, cool ranch chips and crispers. Seriously, if you eat those things and we happen to kiss, I will know about it. One downside is that this power is not particularly useful and really applies to one person. But I still know!

9 minutes till Glee I think I'll pop some corn!

No comments: