My job is so boring. I seriously spend 60% of my time reading the news. I have one project I could work on but it is really really really boring (pulling out outdated papers in over 600 files), so I'm not doing it yet.
I just wish I had a set of regular tasks that I would know to do each and would take up my time. 1.5 hours left in the day.
Actually this is the part of the day that is the worst where I just get depressed about how little I'm doing and how much a waste of time my days are. I think it's time to bring home work to work, starting with updating my blog more regularly.
Last night David and I went to see Grand Analog and Shad. It was super spontaneous because we'd only mentioned previously that we would be interested but didn't buy tickets. It was phenomenal! First was just a DJ doing some DJ-y things, then came Grand Analog and he was super super high energy. I loved every minute of it (and I knew some of the songs from CBC). Then came Shad and he was super good too, funny but not as catchy. I wish I could have understood more of his lyrics but by that point my ears were sore (forgot my earplugs--I am such a nerd) and so I couldn't make out what was being said. David told me it was funny. At the very end they all got together and did some freestyle stuff. Also fantastic.
Overall it was a really great way to spend a Monday night even though I am tired today that is likely because
I also went to yoga yesterday and was in a badminton tournament on Sat/Sun (Silver yay!).
2 comments:
Vanessa, I am so glad I found your blog. You have inspired me to start one.
Right now I still have two hours left at work. I don't have anything to do for another hour and a half until I have two students coming in to interview. I wonder if we could get part-time online jobs to do while we are at our full-time job?
P.S. Where do you do yoga at? And thanks for coming out on Sunday!
I do yoga wherever there is a class I like taking. I think this Monday I am going to Lotus Soul.
I wish there was part time online work I could do at regular work that isn't a scam. It would be awesome
Post a Comment