I’ve discovered that I have a problem. Excessive blushing. I have no idea what brought this on but in situations where I normally would have been level headed and in control I suddenly blush to the point where people are pointing it out. I don’t feel like I’m nervous and I certainly feel like I have something valuable to say. Now maybe people just didn’t point it out before, but I think this is a new thing. I love public speaking and I usually have no problem with it. So all of a sudden I’m afraid to speak my mind because I turn into a beet. Especially because I think that people are not taking me seriously because I look so embarrassed. It is hard to convince others to stand by your words when it doesn’t look like you can even stand by them. What’s worse is the more that I try to not blush the more that I do.
I’m not totally ok with this so I’m going to try and combat this. I think I will join a Toastmasters club first to work my way up to speaking in more confrontational situations. Then maybe at work I can say things and not turn pink. If that doesn’t work then maybe I will look into some anti-anxiety options.
The thing that is most bizarre about the whole scenario is that it just appeared out of nowhere about 4-6 months ago. How odd.
No comments:
Post a Comment