Well it’s been a minute because David has been steady as a metronome in his recovery! So no news has been good news because things are going well. Some things of note:
- David has no more blast cells in his blood test. This doesn’t mean he gets out for good behaviour since they have to make sure the blast cells don’t show up again. It does mean that the chemo worked. And he still has 2 days left to go.
- David is sporting a whole body rash. A normal side effect of being poisoned. But it’s not itchy and I’m into the colour purple
- Today he has a wee fever. The team worked super fast to get him on antibiotics and will wait and see if it’s in his main line or whole body. It’s weird because his mainline is its own biome in a way. Hopefully not there, because then they replace it. Bummertown.
- he’s had a few visitors which is really nice. And his one brother will be here this weekend.
- the days seem to crawl but also flash by as he’s not feeling terrible (4/10 for discomfort) but is also super tired. It’s weird not having an immune system.
- the kids are at camp this week. Which means that I’m doing drop offs, and a friend is picking them up so I can visit David after work each day. That’s a nice schedule. We cuddle.
- I am getting a tonne of amazing support from friends and our church community and work. Everyone is so kind and helpful - thinking of things that I might appreciate before I even know it. That said, I am noticing that I’m a bit spacey sometimes (yesterday I drove to the hospital instead of work) so I’m taking Friday morning off to hang with David and rest. Plus more cuddles.
- I am sleeping better! Yay!
- our kids are rockstars with me getting home around 6:30 each evening
This week, please pray for:
- gratitude for David’s fast response to chemo
- gratitude for mild side effects so far, and hope for them to stay mild
- support for our friends who are doing such a good job taking care of us
We love you. We feel your love and prayers in our bones.

No comments:
Post a Comment