![]() |
| Travel QQ supervised Demon Slayer viewing |
![]() |
| Cousins visiting |
![]() |
| David explores nature |
Quick update because I am very tired:
- I am very tired. I stopped sleeping again for a few nights so that was worse. Now trying NyQuil zzzz+stress (doesn’t give stress; hopefully relieves it)
- Friday I pretty much tapped out. I think it hit me that I still had 20 more days of being the parent and spouse. It sucked. There was lots of crying.
- I’m trying really hard to keep the kids in their childhood while also stretching them to help more. They are amazing but *surprise* not perfect. I could talk about this at length
- the kids had two sleepovers this last weekend so I could rest. They are also very tired now.
- our community keeps showing up so amazingly which makes it easier. This is a marathon that only I can run but they are on the sidelines handing me power bars, juice boxes and cheering us on (I will likely never run a literal marathon).
- my brother gave me a blessing Friday after I waved the white flag with my family. It was powerful and amazing to be served in that way. While it’s hard having my parents far away, it gave my brother and I this chance.
- David’s brother was here on Friday (all the way from Texas) and he also gave David a blessing. Younger brothers are awesome and he brought a lot of joy and comfort to David. Plus he’s done the blood test to be a donor match for David.
- we are going to hire a babysitter for afternoons in September so it’s a bit more manageable. Interviews this week.
A David update: he’s tired. Very fatigued especially on days where he gets platelet transfusions (he’s had two so far). He was on isolation for a few days because they weren’t sure if his fever was due to an infection but he’s all clear now. He’s still got an all over rash but it is 7% less angry. His blood results are trending in the right direction most of the time but he’s not out of the woods. He’s getting homesick. Today we took him outside for the first time since he was admitted. He looked adorable in his bucket hat (for sun protection). And he had quite an appetite for Wendy’s even though he can’t taste salt or sweet anymore (a hot fry in a cold frosty is still delightful without flavours).
Our asks at this time:
- visitors for David
- a babysitter that is the right fit for the kids
- prayer for blood healing and quick reaction time when the results are not what we hope
- stamina for our support network
Love you ๐๐mean it ๐๐



No comments:
Post a Comment