He was admitted this evening!!!!!!!!!
They called at 4pm (after I had given up for the day) and asked if he could be in at 8pm! We cancelled our plans (sorry sister missionaries about dinner) and got David packed up. There was much fist pumping and hugs that David gets to get started.
We waited with him at the hospital for an hour to help him settle in and then I had to go home to put the kids to bed. We have no idea what he’s doing first or if they will start things tonight. He does need to get a port/line installed (inserted? Placed?) and that’s a sedated procedure (sometimes general anaesthetic). Plus have a full body scan to ensure he doesn’t have any infections. Maybe they’ll do that all overnight but maybe they will also let him sleep. I’m sure he’d rather the sleep option but also we’ve been waiting to just jump in.
He is on unit 5FA and tomorrow I’ll get more details + visitor information.
For now: prayers answered!! 💜💜💜
Also Sloan did the cutest thing. I saw him pick up a blanket of his and bring it with him. He doesn’t really bring his blankies with him anymore but I thought maybe he’s just nervous about everything. But after David was settled and we were hanging out. He said “daddy, I brought a blankey for you.” I love that he had an idea, and wanted to do his part to support David. So nice of him to share plus I know that it will bring David so much comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment